Koehler Instrument Company
Summary of Method
Kinematic viscosity is one of the most important properties to be analized on lubricant oils and Biodiesel. In order to measure it, a few mililiters of sample are placed into a tube called Viscometer and then temperature conditioned inside viscosity bath. The time required by sample to pass through a bulb inside viscometer is measured and multiplied by viscometer´s calibration constant to get Kinematic Viscosity in Centistokes (cSt).
- Constant temperature Kinematic viscosity bath with seven (7) positions to install viscometers and digital control module to handle integrated timers and measure efflux times for each viscometer.
- This module also calculates kinematic viscosity automatically multiplying efflux time by viscosity calibration constant previoulsy introduced.
- Dual Temperature display shows current temperature and setpoint.
- Temperature bath is installed inside a cabinet which isolates jar from laboratory temperature allowing optimal temperature control even in hot weather or ambient temperature changing laboratories.
- Equipment includes overheating protection and low liquid level protection.
- Viscosity measurement is made manually.
For more information regarding features, part numbers, quotations and related matters, please send us an e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information regarding use of this instrument, applications, instruction manuals and maintenance requests, please send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASTM-D6074, FTM-791-305, IP-71, NFT-60-100, DIN-51550, IP-319, ISO-3104.