Koehler Instrument Company
Summary of Method
Sample is conditioned inside bath which emulates air bath´s temperature profile as per method requirements. After conditioning, viscosity of sample is measured by using a rotational viscometer which is installed on top of bath allowing user to perform measurements without removing samples from bath, therefore, risk of sample temperature on the sample is avoided.
Determines the low temperature, low shear rate viscosities of gear oils, automatic transmission fluids, hydraulic oils and other fluid lubricants by use of a rotational viscometer.
- Sample soaking and testing in a single bath, eliminating the need for an air bath and the risk of sample temperature rise during transfer, redesigned for improved control of sample movement and handling during testing, microprocessor PID temperature control duplicates the sample cooling rates in ASTM D2983, up to 40 cooling/testing temperature profiles can be stored in memory
- Redesigned programmable baths with improved features for sample handling and testing.
- Bath accommodates 10 samples for Dynamic Viscosity testing, sample cells are immersed in a liquid bath for the entire soaking and testing period, eliminating the need to transfer cells from an air bath to a liquid bath with insulated balsa wood carriers.
- Also eliminated is the inherent risk of sample temperature rise during transfer.
- The programmable microprocessor PID controller stores up to 40 temperature profiles that duplicate the sample cooling rates found in ASTM D2983.
- Steady state temperature accuracy and uniformity exceed ASTM requirements throughout the operating range from ambient to -55°C.
- The mounting position for the Rotational Viscometer has been changed to permit easier access to the samples and viscometer controls.
- Cabinet has a front window and glare-free fluorescent lighting for distortion free viewing of the sample cells.
- Cabinet construction is polyester-epoxy finished steel with a chemical-resistant composite top surface.
- A removable insulated cover with handle is included.
- Bath rests on adjustable leveling feet.
- Safety features include a probe fault detection circuit in the primary temperature controller anda redundant latching controller and probe for temperature fault protection.
For more information regarding features, part numbers, quotations and related matters, please send us an e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information regarding use of this instrument, applications, instruction manuals and maintenance requests, please send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otro - Other-USP Ch 1061, ASTM-D2983, Otro - Other-CEC-L-18A, ISO-9262, IP-267 Method A.