Koehler Instrument Company
Summary of Method
Penetration tests are performed on petroleum or other products to determine consistency and shear stability (lubricating greases) for design, quality control and identification purposes. A standard cone or needle is released from a penetrometer and allowed to drop freely into the sample for 5 seconds (or a different specified interval) at constant temperature. The depth of penetration of the cone or needle into the sample is measured in tenths of a millimeter by the penetrometer."
- Designed for ASTM penetration tests on petroleum products and for consistency tests on a wide range of food products, cosmetics, pastes and other solid to semi-solid products.
- Precision machined and assembled to exacting specifications, and ruggedly constructed to insure long service life in both laboratory and field applications.
- Features a full penetration range of 0-62.0mm with 1⁄10mm subdivisions (0-620 penetration scale).
- Accommodates cones and needles to perform all of the ASTM tests on lubricating greases, asphalts, petroleum waxes and petrolatums.
- Compact design facilitates transport for field use.
- Head assembly adjusts for accurate placement of the tip of the needle or cone on the surface of the sample.
- Sturdy cast iron base provides excellent support and has a built-in spirit level and leveling screws to insure proper alignment of the penetrometer during testing.
- Supplied with 50 and 100 gram weights and standard 47.5g plunger assembly.
- Order test cones, needles and lightweight plunger (where applicable) separately.
For more information regarding features, part numbers, quotations and related matters, please send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding use of this instrument, applications, instruction manuals and maintenance requests, please send us an e-mail to: email@example.com
ASTM-D937, ASTM-D5, ASTM-D4950, ASTM-D2884, ASTM-D217, ASTM-D1403, ASTM-D1321, Otro - Other-AOCS Cc 16-60, Otro - Other-AACC 58-14, FTM-791-313, FTM-791-312, FTM-791-311, NFT-66-004, NFT-60-132, NFT-60-123, NFT-60-119, DIN-51804, DIN-51580, DIN-51579, IP-50, IP-49, IP-310, ISO-2137, IP-179.